QA Manager (AL)Apply Now View Saved Jobs Apply Later
Location: Indianapolis, IN
The Quality Assurance (QA) Manager works as part of a dynamic team in a rapidly growing company. The QA Manager will be responsible for developing, leading and evolving the Angie’s List engineering Quality Assurance team to ensure high-quality deliveries and customer satisfaction. This position will work in collaboration with Development, Product Management, Business Teams, Architecture, Enterprise Technology, Dev Operations and Site Operations.
- Lead and manage a Quality Assurance team.
- Recruit, interview, hire, and mentor/coach the Quality Assurance team members to meet business objectives.
- Proactively manage and enhance the Quality Assurance processes and testing methodologies in conjunction with other QA leadership team members.
- Identify and implement Quality Assurance strategies that will enable Angie’s List to meet its quality and business objectives.
- Identify testing deficiencies and define/establish systems and procedures to address them.
- Implement, gather, analyze and report team and quality metrics which demonstrate business value and show continuous improvement.
- Identify and recommend hardware and software needs for the team.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of Angie’s List products.
- Resolve issues and remove impediments for the QA team.
- Accountable for the quality of test services through all environments into Production via the deployment queue.
- Make risk-based decisions for deployments.
- Exercise good planning and problem solving skills while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Promote a quality culture across the Angie’s List organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on consumer-facing application testing experience.
- Minimum of 5 years QA management experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work at Angie’s List headquarters in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Demonstrated ability to build, manage, lead and grow functional teams to meet departmental and business goals.
- Proficiency in a technical capacity in order to provide guidance and mentorship.
- Demonstrated expertise of software quality assurance and testing processes, methodologies, tools and techniques.
- Knowledge of defect tracking software and database query languages.
- Knowledge of and experience in software development process and techniques (e.g. Agile/Scrum, unit/integration/system testing).
- Skills in coordinating activities, active listening, and monitoring performance.
- Skills in complex problem solving, judgment, critical thinking and decision making.
- Ability to work across concurrent projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively via multiple channels (verbal, written, etc.).
- Ability to assess risk and make decisions regarding time/effort/priority given to projects.
- Ability to manage budgets and ensure we are staying within budget for resourcing and projects.
- Ability to have attention to detail and accurately follow procedures and remain organized.
- Ability to collaborate with peers in various organizations is critical.
- Ability to sit the entire work day viewing a computer monitor.
- Additional hours outside of normal business hours may be required for emergency production situations.
- This position may require more than 40 hours of work per week.